As a Cloud Engineer you have experience in enterprise environments and you are an expert on at least one Open Source operating system. You like to work in a team and strive to make the difference. Despite extensive experience and impressive skills, you are always eager to learn and develop new things. You look beyond the established technologies.
The work takes place in a team, with a focus on collaboration and knowledge sharing. You tackle IT dilemmas during the monthly knowledge sessions, during training sessions or study evenings and via our internal communication tools. So you always have the back-up of your team at your fingertips.
Fairbanks designs, builds and manages innovative Open Infrastructure and OpenStack cloud environments. Our team consists of experienced engineers with diverse personal and professional backgrounds. To strengthen our team we are looking for new colleagues with an open mind and a real passion for automation for the function of Cloud Engineer.
What can you expect?
In a team you will cooperate with the rollout of OpenStack cloud environments and also provide support and upgrade trajectories on these environments. Fairbanks has customers both in the Benelux and abroad. Most activities, however, take place in the Benelux and / or via a dial-up connection with the end customer. When these environments are delivered, they are transferred to our ‘Managed Services team’ so that management can take place.
What can you expect from Fairbanks?
– A contract for an indefinite period.
– An excellent salary.
– Training budget.
– Technical collaboration and knowledge sharing.
– Good development and career opportunities.
– Lease car.
– 24 holiday days.
– The tools to professionally carry out your work.
– Pension scheme.
– Informal and flat organization.
– Personal approach and culture.
– An interesting and varied position at a leading Open Source organization.
Who are you?
– You have HBO working and thinking level.
– You have knowledge of Open Infrastructure and Open Source techniques.
– You have knowledge of Enterprise ICT environments and implementations.
– You have knowledge of and recent experience with Linux distributions.
– You have knowledge of Software Defined Storage, Networking and virtualisation.
– You are familiar with the different cloud possibilities and techniques.
– You have a DevOps and Agile mentality.
– You find it interesting to continuously learn new things.
– You find it interesting to be a team member.
– You are creative and inventive.
– You have a passion for Open Source and the ambition to continue to grow in this.
– You have good communication skills.
– You have a strong analytical ability.
– Skills in OpenStack, in configuration management and orchestration tooling, such as Chef, Salt, Ansible, JuJu or Puppet are an advantage and are supplemented during knowledge sessions.
Interested? Send a short motivation and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or questions, we can be reached at the telephone number 0334508585.